Monday, June 9, 2008

Hello, Hello!

Hey blog world. I guess this is the start of a blogging adventure you could say. But with all good blogs an introduction is necessary. So here it is.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I'm erica, a spunky, fun-loving teenager stuck in suburbia.

I guess I'll put some fun-filled facts about my life so people can have a taste of my blog. It will be like the 5 facts game I guess... so here it goes.

1- I love jazz. I'm a jazz musician and I plan to continue with music for the rest of my life. There's nothing better than listening to a really hot combo in a quiet club nestled in the heart of the city. I play in a few different jazz bands and combo and it's what drives me every day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
2- I would have to say my biggest guilty pleasure in life is sunglasses. I own WAY too many, and the funkier, the better. A quirky pair of sunglasses could make or break an outfit. Right now, they're my biggest weakness.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
3- Ok no picture for this one, but there is one other type of music I love almost as much as jazz.... I am ADDICTED to ska. In the fine words of Mustard Plug, Give me any music that'll move my feet, give me any music with a two-tone beat! It's the best.

4- Awkward moments define my life. I'm not sure if awkwardness is attracted to me or something? But it always seems like something EXTREMELY awkward happens to me every day, which I am more than happy to share with you in upcoming blog entries for a few laughs. Here's a good example, on Easter this year I pretty much got chased by the Easter bunny at brunch. Why? Because awkward moments (especially in extremely frightening uni-brow bunny form) love me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

5- My friends and I have the best/worst ideas for suburban adventures ever. Some of these have included trying to sled down an extremely tall dirt hill filled with weeds next to my friends house (without snow...bad idea), seeing if we could use the subject of Latin in a pick-up line (worked... sort of), trying to make a pool in my best friend's front yard with a few plastic sleds and a hose, and of course lots and lots of midnight pancake runs. The list goes on and on, but for tales of our upcoming adventures you'll just have to keep up with the blog! Our latest outing was a very long drive for the search of the perfect 7/11 slushie... I think we found it

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So finally, I think a good blog should have a plot. A good storyline to have the fans keep reading. Well, here's the dealio, this next year I'm leaving high school early to chase after my crazy music goals, I'm going to a boarding fine arts school (and i'm proud to say it's the best one in the country!) I'm SO excited, but again i'm going to miss my friends so much. So my friends and I made a pact to have the perfect last summer. I think I can do it, but I wanted to share my journey to you guys! Well, enjoy the crazy stories and pictures. Welcome to my blog world, so take off those shoes and stay a while.

4 comments:

AshleyL. said...

its nice to meet you miss Erica! thanks for visiting my blog! :)

yiqin; said...

Can't wait to see your posts! :D

Mary said...

Aww thanks!

IS THAT AN EDIE SEDGWICK SHIRT? Love it.

Mary said...

PS: jazz is the greatest form of modern music. It may not be my most listened to genre, but I really believe it is the most thoughtful and beautiful. My grandfather played trumpet (I tried to... resulting in 4 years of headache for my family...) and the beauty behind it is so touching. So have an awesome summer and all, but remember, you are passing on a very intricate story playing jazz, so it's very worth it!

end cliche rant.